Often the best get-togethers are casual and effortless, let your guests off the hook in terms of bringing a plate and throw together a few simple bits and pieces on bright, breezy platters... the secret ingredient? Your very own customised butter blend! This one is both easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time. Simply spread onto grilled steaks, corn cobs and halloumi skewers to elevate them to the next level.
Create the look on our Laguna range of platters and dinnerware and set the tone by inviting your guests with the three words everyone loves to hear - just bring yourselves!
Smoked paprika & herb butter
Prep time 10 minutes
Serves approx. 10
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Place the softened butter in a bowl. Beat the softened butter with a wooden spoon or an electric beater. Whip until soft and creamy.
- Finely chop the garlic, bay leaf, oregano, rosemary and parsley. Add into butter.
- Fold through chilli flakes, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Beat until well combined.
- Your butter is now ready to use. Spread generously onto steak, grilled corn or halloumi skewers.
To create butter discs:
- Tip the flavoured butter onto a square of several layers of cling wrap. Roll it around the butter to form a sausage shape. Twist the ends to seal.
- Store flavoured butter tubes in fridge. Put any leftover butter in the freezer where it will keep for several months. When you need to add a flavoured butter to your dishes, just cut a disc from the butter tube.