Poke Bowls and the Daintree Collection
Posted By: Maxwell & Williams on 10 Oct 2017
|Poke Bowls are having their moment in the culinary scene this year! Try this creation on our new Daintree range.The three exotic hues that make up the collection serve as the perfect backdrop for this Japanese and Hawaiian inspired dish.
Serves 4 | Prep 15 min
For the marinade:
For the poke bowl:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 500g sashimi-grade tuna steaks, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 medium carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups cooked and shelled edamame
- 1 sheet nori, shredded
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Pickled ginger, to serve
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil and vinegar together in a ceramic bowl. Gently mix in tuna and set aside for 5 minutes to let the mixture marinate.
- Divide spiralized zucchinis, ribboned carrots, shredded cabbage and edamame equally among bowls. Top with tuna mixture, shredded nori and sesame seeds.
- Serve with pickled ginger on the side.
Play around by substituting tuna with your favourite protein. This versatile dish is equally delicious with sashimi-grade salmon, cooked chicken or beef!