Bring the exotic tropics into your home with this delicately floral mulled tea. Deceptively simple to create and designed to impress, this drink will have you and your guests pouring seconds and thirds.
Serve this drink in our vibrant Exotica range. Designed by artist Gabby Malpas, these cups and coasters make a statement with their generous proportions and are perfect for tea connoisseurs.
Serves: 6 Prep: 15 mins Cook: 30 mins
- 2 tbsp dried hibiscus flowers
- 4 rooibos teabags
- 1 cup (250ml) pomegranate juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- Honey to sweeten
- 1 orange, cut into 7 thin slices
- Extra cinnamon sticks to serve
- Combine the hibiscus flowers, rooibos tea bags, pomegranate juice and 4 cups of water in a medium sized saucepan over a high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Add cinnamon stick, cardamom and 1 slice of orange rind. Place lid on top and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and strain tea into teapot to remove all spices.
- Sweeten with honey as desired and serve tea with orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
Enjoy this warm and comforting drink in our bright and playful Exotica range. Add a slice of your favourite cake for the perfect escape.