Give your loved ones a sweet treat this year with these Christmas recipes inspired by our Merry Mistletoe collection. All recipes are quick, super easy to make and filled with all the flavours of Christmas. The perfect addition to any holiday table or Christmas hamper!
• • • • •
Christmas Rum Balls
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 250g Marie biscuits
- 1/2 cup (50g) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dark rum
- Place desiccated coconut into a small frypan over a low heat. Toast for 2-3 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove from heat and immediately transfer onto a plate to cool.
- In the meantime, place Marie biscuits into a blender and pulse on high for 1 minute or until a smooth and fine crumb. Transfer into a large bowl and sift in cocoa.
- Using a spatula stir to combine and follow with condensed milk, orange rind, cinnamon and dark rum. Combine thoroughly.
- Using clean hands, roll two tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Roll in the remaining cocoa and place on a tray and transfer into the fridge for 3 hours or until firm. Serve.
Keeps in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
If you don’t have a blender, place biscuits in a zip lock bag and bash out with a rolling pin until you get a smooth and fine crumb.
Christmas Ginger Slice
Cook Time: 30 min (4hrs set time)
Makes: 16 Pieces
- 1/4 cup (90g) golden syrup
- 1/4 cup (55g) sugar
- 150g butter
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups (135g) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 cups (320g) icing sugar
- 80g butter
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup (55g) crystallised ginger, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Line a 20cm x 20cm tray with baking paper, set aside.
- For the base, add golden syrup, sugar and butter into a medium sized saucepan. Place over a low heat for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally or until melted. Remove from heat and stir in ginger, cinnamon, desiccated coconut, oats and self-raising flour.
- Combine thoroughly then transfer into prepared baking tin press firmly into the base and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- In the meantime for the icing, place golden syrup, icing sugar, butter and ground ginger into a small saucepan over a low heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally or until melted.
- Remove baking tray from oven and pour icing over base. Gently rotate base to ensure even coverage and sprinkle with the sliced crystallised ginger.
- Place in fridge for 4 hours or until firm and set, then remove from baking tray and place on chopping board. Cut into 5cm pieces and serve.
Keeps for 1 week in an airtight container.
Shortbread Wreath Biscuits
Prep Time: 20 min (1hr set time in fridge)
Cook Time: 15 min
- 250g butter, softened
- 100g rice flour
- 1 3/4 cups (260g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (190g) white chocolate buttons
- 1/2 cup (70g) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (65g) dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Place baking paper on 2 oven trays and set aside.
- Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 4-5 minutes on high or until pale. Remove bowl from mixer stand and add rice flour, plain flour and caster sugar.
- Using a spatula combine until dough is roughly formed. Turn out onto a clean floured bench and using your hands knead together forming a smooth ball of dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out to 1cm thick and cut out biscuits with 5cm cookie cutter. Follow by cutting an inner circle in each cookie with a 2cm cookie cutter.
- Place cookie outers onto prepared tray. Re-roll dough scraps and repeat steps until finished. Bake for 15 minutes before removing from oven and allowing to cool.
- Place white chocolate into a microwave proof bowl and cook for 20-30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted.
- Using your hands dip the biscuits, top down into the chocolate, covering evenly. Turn onto a tray and sprinkle with the pistachios and dried cranberries. Repeat steps with all biscuits and place in fridge for 1 hour to set before serving.
Keeps in airtight container for 2 weeks.