Raw Vanilla Cheesecake with Teas & C’s Contessa
Our Teas & C’s collection, created for luxe moments with tea, cake, coffee and condiments are celebrating new block-colour additions designed to mix and match with the original delicate floral designs of Contessa.
Take some much-needed time out with this decadent raw vanilla and cashew cheesecake, served on your new favourite teaware.
Raw Vanilla Cheesecake
Prep Time: 25 mins (plus 2 hours soaking)
Cook Time: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts (hulled)
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- ½ cup dried pitted dates (about 12, roughly chopped)
- ¼ tsp freshly ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ tbsp black sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp white sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp agar (a vegetarian substitute for gelatine)
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 cups raw soaked cashews (soaked in hot water for 2 hours or overnight)
- 1/3 cup rice syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean scraped or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp floral tea leaves or edible flowers
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp dehydrated raspberry (optional)
For the base:
- Put the nuts, seeds, dates, & spices into the bowl of a food processor and blitz until the mixture is a small crumb.
- Add the coconut, sesame seeds & coconut oil and pulse until combined. Press into base of 12x silicon muffin tin. Refrigerate until firm.
- In the meantime, make the filling.
For the filling:
- Add the agar and 1 cup of coconut cream in a saucepan, bring to the boil while whisking continuously. Once boiled and the agar has melted remove from heat and add remaining coconut cream.
- Puree the soaked cashews in a food processor for a few minutes until they become a smooth texture. Then add in the rest of the ingredients for the filling and puree until completely smooth!
- Spread the filling over the crust. Then freeze for about 2 hours until firm.
- Once the cheesecakes have firmed up, take them out of the freezer and garnish with the tea, pistachios & dehydrated raspberry.