Nordic Pancakes with Suomi
With jaw dropping landscapes and minimalist style, Nordic countries exude cool and this traditional breakfast treat is no exception. A twist on classic pancakes, cooked in bulk on an oven tray, this Nordic Oven Pancake recipe is perfect for entertaining or feeding hungry kids on a Sunday morning.
Make a statement and serve this treat on our Suomi range.
Nordic Oven Pancake
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30-40 min
For the pancakes:
- 1 litre whole milk
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 30 g butter, melted
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 lemon, zested
- Maple syrup
- Icing sugar to dust
Makes 1 tray (size: 38cm x24cm, 2cm deep)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Line a rimmed baking tray (at least 2 cm deep) with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, eggs, and melted butter until well combined. Gradually add flour and mix until smooth. Let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Place the prepared tray on the middle rack in oven & slowly pour batter into the tray.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top & bottom is light golden brown. The batter will rise in the oven but will sink after being removed.
- Leave to cool before serving, so that the centre sets. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Garnish with maple syrup, blueberries & a dusting of icing sugar.
SALESuomi Suomi Mug 370ML Stamp$7.95 Special Price $5.56
SALESuomi Suomi Mug 370ML Semi$7.95 Special Price $5.56
SALESuomi Suomi Plate 20cm Brush Stroke$7.95 Special Price $5.56
SALESuomi Suomi Plate 20cm Radiate$7.95 Special Price $5.56
White Basics Diamonds White Basics Diamonds Side Plate 18cm$5.95
White Basics Diamonds White Basics Diamonds Entree Plate 23cm$9.95