Fresh summer recipes with Marblesque
Perfect for a hot summer’s day, these recipes, styled on our Marblesque range, are light, fresh and easy to prepare. What else could you ask for for a long lazy lunch in the sun.
Green Summer Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- 250g brussels sprouts
- 1/2 head broccoli florets
- 2 handfuls kale, finely shredded
- 1 handful alfalfa sprouts
- 50g dill, roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- For the dressing, place olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper into a small bowl and whisk with a fork. Set aside.
- Finely slice brussels sprouts using a mandolin and place in a large salad bowl. If you don’t have a mandolin use a sharp knife and shred thinly.
- Using a knife, roughly slice the broccoli florets and add to brussels sprouts followed by shredded kale, alfalfa and dill. Mix gently to combine and top with avocado, almonds and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Tropical Smoothie Bowl
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups (300g) frozen mango
- 1 banana
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut water, plus extra
- 1/3 cup (75g) pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup (75g) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (30g) dragon fruit, cubed
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp almond flakes, toasted
- Place frozen mango, banana and coconut juice into blender. Pulse for 1 minute or until smooth. Adjust consistency of mixture with additional coconut water if desired.
- Transfer into two serving bowls and top with pineapple, blueberries, dragon fruit, coconut flakes, cacao nibs and almond flakes.
- Serve immediately.