Fluffy miso caramel dumplings with ice cream
This take on sweet dumplings uses a Japanese inspired twist with Miso-spiked caramel sauce. Created by celebrity chef Sara Oteri in collaboration with our White Basics collection.
Fluffy Miso Caramel Dumplings With Ice-cream
For the dumplings:
- 30g butter
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup milk
For the caramel sauce:
- 2 cups hot water
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp yellow miso
- 45g butter
- Combine all the sauce ingredients into a medium sized saucepan and simmer on a low heat until caramel slightly deepens in colour.
- Rub butter into the flour until it resembles the texture of fine breadcrumbs. Slowly incorporate the milk until a dough forms. Alternatively, you can do this all in a food processor.
- Roll the dough into walnut to golf ball sized balls and place a few at a time into the simmering sauce.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes before gently scooping each out.
- For a thicker sauce, keep on the heat a little longer before straining through a fine sieve and pouring over the dumplings. Serve with vanilla bean ice-cream.