Easter Chocolate Mousse with Teas & C’s Kasbah
Chocolate and Easter go hand in hand. But while everyone loves an Easter bunny or a chocolate egg, sometimes it’s nice to take things up a notch. This chocolate mousse recipe is a fancy alternative to eggs over the Easter weekend and looks extra special served in our Teas & C’s Kasbah teacups!
Easter Chocolate Mousse
Prep Time: 20mins (+ 1 hour cooling time)
- 300g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 300ml thickened cream, plus extra
- whipped cream to serve
- Flake, crumbled
- Mini Easter eggs
- In a bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir until melted. Remove bowl from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat with electric beaters for 5 minutes, or until mixture is pale, thick and doubled in volume. Fold in cocoa powder and cooled chocolate until combined.
- Use a large metal spoon to carefully fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, being careful not to overwork. Spoon into six serving dishes and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with crumbled chocolate flake and mini Easter eggs.
Teas & C's Teas & C's Kasbah Teapot with Infuser 500ML Mint Gift Boxed$29.95
Teas & C's Teas & C's Kasbah Tea For 1 with Infuser 380ML Mint Gift Boxed$39.95
Teas & C's Teas & C's Kasbah Footed Cup & Saucer 200ML Mint Gift Boxed$19.95Sold Out Online
Teas & C's Teas & C's Kasbah Coupe Plate 19.5cm Mint Gift Boxed$12.95
Teas & C's Teas & C's Kasbah Rectangle Platter 33x15.5cm Mint Gift Boxed$24.95
Teas & C's Teas & C's Kasbah Teaspoon Set of 4 Mint Gift Boxed$29.95
Teas & C's Teas & C's Kasbah Classic Footed Cup & Saucer 200ML Turquoise Gift Boxed$19.95
Teas & C's Teas & C's Kasbah Classic Rim Plate 19.5cm Turquoise Gift Boxed$12.95