Blue Swimmer Crab Sandwiches
With the silly season just around the corner, planning for your Christmas dinner party can be difficult. This simple canape recipe is easy to prepare, looks gorgeous, and is sure to get your Christmas feast off to a great start!
Prep: 10 mins
- 1/3 cup (80g) crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 450g blue swimmer crab meat, drained
- Butter for spreading
- 10 slices soft white bread sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- Caviar to serve
- Dill fronds to serve
- In a medium bowl place crème fraîche and lemon rind, combine using a spoon. Add the crab and gently mix. Follow with blue swimmer crab and gently combine. Season to taste with salt and cracked pepper. Set aside in fridge.
- Butter all bread slices and using 5cm cookie cutter, cut 30 rounds out of the bread.
- Peel the Lebanese cucumbers lengthways into ribbons and set onto paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Arrange bread rounds on platter and evenly spoon the crab mixture on each. Top with a folded cucumber ribbon and garnish with caviar and dill fronds.
Tip: Ask your local fish monger to remove the crab meat for you to cut down on prep time.