Baked Chicken Casserole in Artisan Bakers
Try this flavour infused roast chicken for your next gathering or special family dinner. Our Artisan range of bakeware has all the essential sizes for a classic roast dinner.
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 1 1/2 hours
- 1 whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red capsicum cut into strips
- 2 red onions, thinly cut
- 150g button mushrooms
- Sliced 1 / 2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 5 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh thyme
- 1 / 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Fresh parsley, basil, oregano & celery leaf
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and season with salt and pepper. Pre-heat the oven to 170°C.
- Heat a heavy based pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place chicken skin side down and do not move it until it reaches a deep golden brown and it's easy to turn. Turn and brown other side for a few minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add all the chopped vegetables, garlic, saffron, salt and pepper to taste and a few twigs of thyme, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of white wine to the pan and let it reduce.
- Add chicken stock and tomatoes.
- Place the chicken and vegetable mixture into the Artisan Rectangular Baker and let it sink into the juices.
- Place the baker uncovered in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until the chicken falls off the bone.
Once you’re ready, place the Artisan Baker in the centre of the table so everyone can help themselves. Garnish the casserole with fresh herbs and pair with a glass of Grenache to complete the feast.