Watercress & broad bean salad with prawns
Culinary artist Cassandra Morris is here to teach you how to craft a beautifully light summer salad with prawns that will impress guests at any garden party.
For a touch of elegance, try serving thison the textured square dinnerware, White Basics Diamonds.
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 kg grams podded broad beans
- Small handful fresh mint and parsley chopped
- 1 cup yellow tomatoes
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
- Pinch salt & pepper
- ¼ red onions thinly sliced
- 100 grams Persian fetta cheese
- 10 large green tiger prawns
- Zest and juice of two limes
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- For the dressing mix the olive oil and lemon juice in a small jug
- Blanch the broad beans in a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes. Strain the beans and immediately refresh in ice old cold water
- Pop the broad beans out of their skins using the tip of a small knife
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and gently combine the prawns until they are well covered.
- Place in fridge for ½ hour to marinate
- Preheat a bbq or chargrill on medium high.
- Add prawns and cook for 3 minutes on each side to until prawns change colour
- Serve immediately with salad.