Spiced Pumpkin Pie in our Pyromax Pie Dish
Winter is the perfect time to indulge in rich and warming desserts. Use seasonal produce and spices to create satisfying after-dinner treats, like our Spiced Pumpkin Pie in a buttery crust.
- 1 sheet short crust pastry
- 2 cups cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ a fresh nutmeg
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1. Roll out pastry to fit in the 27cm Maxwell & Williams Pyromax Pie Dish. Line the top of the pastry with non-stick baking pager and fill with oven weights or dry beans. Place shell into a preheated oven of 180°C and blind bake for 10 minutes until it begins to golden.
2. In a food processor, combine the freshly mashed cooked pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and salt.
3. In the Maxwell & Williams Colour Basics Mortar & Pestle, grind cinnamon sticks and nutmeg with grated fresh ginger. Add spice mixture to pumpkin mixture and pulse to combine evenly.
4. Pour pumpkin spiced mixture into the half-baked shell and place in oven for 40 minutes. When the pie is ready, it will brown slightly around the edges and the center will appear slightly wobbly, yet firm to the touch.
Best served out of the oven on the Maxwell & Williams Artisan Acacia Long Board with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. You’ll swear you were in a log cabin in front of a roaring fireplace!