Orecchiette with peas, brocollini and toasted rye sourdough
Servings: 4Prep.: 15 mins.Cook: 15 mins.
A delicious yet light pasta dish that goes easily from winter to summer dining created by culinary artist Cassandra Morris.
- 400 grams orecchiette
- 2 bunches of brocollini roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas or frozen
- 1 ½ cups fresh rye sourdough
- 40 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 5 cm fresh ginger finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Fresh reggiano to sprinkle on top
- Heat oven to 200 degrees and place bread crumbs on a lined baking tray, sprinkle with olive oil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until golden
- Bring a large saucepan to boil with salted water and cook orecchiette accruing to the instructions on the packet
- Don’t overcook best to be al dente and drain
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat; add garlic, ginger and fresh chilli
- Add the brocollini and cook for about 5 minutes. Add drained pasta and toss until well coated with the juices
- Add the breadcrumbs, stir though the peas and then sprinkle with parmesan.