Anzac Biscuits on our Artisan Board
ANZAC Day is coming up and these quintessential Anzac biscuits are simple, delicious and will make enough for the whole family.
With a hint of golden syrup, coconut and rolled oats, they’re the perfect Aussie treat.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp bicarbonate baking soda
- 2 tbsp hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C
2. Place oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and combine. Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat stirring until melted.
3. Combine the bicarb soda with the water and add to the butter mixture.
4. Pour into the oat mixture and mix well until combined.
5. Use a tablespoon to measure out each biscuit, and place onto baking trays lined wit non-stick baking paper.
6. Flatten each one ensuring they don’t touch one another allowing room to spread.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Create a beautiful rustic morning tea table by serving on our Maxwell & Williams rectangular Artisan Board.