Roast Chicken on our White Basics Luxurious dinnerware
Here’s a classic roast dinner to truly call your own. Add your twist with your choice of seasonal vegetables and arrange it on our White Basics Luxurious servingware to make the warm autumn colours really pop.
- 1 whole free-range chicken, approximately 1.6 kilograms
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1 fresh bunch of thyme
- 1 fresh bunch of sage
- salt & pepper
- 1 whole lemon
- Good quality olive oil
- Your favourite autumn vegetables; we love baby carrots, pumpkin, parsnip, potatoes, whole garlic cloves with skin on, red onion quartered.
1. Take chicken out of the fridge and rest it for about 20 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
2. Take half portion of herbs, pick out the leaves and chop well. In a bowl, fold chopped herbs into butter with garlic, Dijon mustard, salt & pepper and a splash of oil.
3. With a sharp knife, lift and separate the skin from the chicken’s breast and legs.
4. Push butter mixture under the skin of chicken breast and legs, and rub the entire chicken with butter mix. Season well.
5. Carefully prick lemon all over to fully release its flavour. Stuff chicken with lemon and half the remaining whole herbs.
6. Roast chicken in oven for around 1hr 20 minutes in our White Basics Chef du Monde Rectangular Baker.
7. At the 35 minute mark, remove from the oven and add vegetables plus remaining herbs to your Rectangular Baker. Drizzle with olive oil and season well. Carefully place the chicken on an elevated rack above your vegies. Return to the oven and cook for the remaining 45 minutes.
8. On the home stretch, baste chicken and vegetables with those delicious roasting juices, turning vegetables once.
9. Pull chicken out of oven, cover with foil and rest for around 10 minutes.
10. Half the lemon and pan-fry until it’s nice and blackened. Arrange chicken and vegetables on our White Basics Luxurious Coupe Platter and serve.
Seared food contrasts perfectly with the stark elegance of our Maxwell & Williams White Basics Luxurious range.