Honeycomb bites on our Stellar Collection
Delight friends and family with this easy and delicious Christmas recipe. Impress guests dropping past, or wrap up a batch or two to give to those hard to buy for people on your list. Add extra sparkle by serving this sweat treat on one of our Stellar star platters.
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp bicarb soda
1. Grease and line a high walled slice tin with baking paper.
2. Combine sugar, honey, water and golden syrup in a medium saucepan and place over low heat.
3. Cook without stirring for 5 to 7 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the colour of the mixture has deepened to a caramel brown. Remove from heat.
4. Add the bicarb soda and quickly stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Mixture will bubble and froth. Immediately pour into prepared tray and set aside until it cools completely.
5. Turn the honeycomb onto a clean surface and break into small pieces. Serve on Maxwell & Williams Stellar dishes.