Greek Style Chicken Casserole created with Vitromax Cookware
Create this hearty, slow-cooked Greek style chicken for the ultimate comfort food on these cooler nights. Our Vitromax range makes preparation easy by allowing you to transfer the dish straight from the stove to the oven, then to the table for serving.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large shallots
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 170g kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 130°C
- Place chicken drumsticks on a tray, season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Set a 3L Vitromax round casserole dish over a medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add in the garlic and shallots and cook another 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high, add the chicken drumsticks and toss through the onion mixture. Add apple cider vinegar and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, tomatoes, cinnamon, salt, pepper, olives, rosemary and oregano. Gently combine with a spoon and bring to boil.
- Cover and place into oven for 2.5 hours, until chicken is tender.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.