Goat’s Cheese Tart on our Lanka Collection
Perfect as an entrée, start off a meal with this rich savoury tart. Easily adapted; the buttery short crust pastry can be fitted into individual tartlet shells for a more refined setting, or one large tart can be shared among guests. The perfect pairing of these spring ingredients will leave guests wanting more.
- 1 sheet short crust pastry
- 4-5 tbsp caramelised onion jam
- 5 artichoke hearts
- Goat's cheese feta (enough to cover tart)
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Line a rectangular tart pan with short crust pastry roughly 1.5cm thick.
2. Place wax paper over pastry and fill with pastry weights, cooking in oven at 180° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
3. Evenly spread caramelised onion jam across the base.
4. Top with roughly sliced artichoke hearts and generously crumble goat’s cheese on top, enough to cover the whole tart.
5. Sprinkle with 2 sprigs of fresh thyme and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Return to oven for a further 10 minutes or until crust and goat’s cheese starts to brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, garnishing with a sprig of fresh thyme. Serve warm on Maxwell & Williams Lanka Platter.