Chilli Mussels on our Ponto Dinnerware
Incorporate seasonal produce into your meals this spring for full-flavoured taste. This recipe uses ripe tomatoes alongside the fresh seasonings of garlic, coriander and chilli to bring the mussels to life.
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1kg cleaned mussels
- Small handful of fresh coriander
- Fresh crusty white bread, to serve
1. Place tomatoes in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 3 minutes before draining and peeling. Quarter tomatoes and deseed using a spoon, then roughly chop.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add in the garlic, shallot and chilli, gently frying for 3 minutes until softened. Pour in the wine and add the tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Stir and leave to simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add the mussels to the pan, stirring well to coat. Cover tightly with lid and leave to steam for 4 minutes, agitating the pan halfway through, until the shells have opened.
4. Remove any shells that remain shut, top with fresh coriander and serve in the Maxwell & Williams Ponto bowl with slices of fresh bread on the side.