Caramelised oranges with ricotta and sour dough
Servings: 2Prep.: 10 mins.Cook: 20 mins.
Culinary artist Cassandra Morris explains this is the perfect recipe to pull out when you want to create an impressive but easy Sunday brunch that tastes both delicious and looks stunning.
- Four slices of good quality sourdough
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 oranges cut into 4 slices each (peel removed)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place oranges on a lined tray and sprinkle with coconut sugar
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until golden
- In a bowl mix ricotta, honey, cinnamon and vanilla bean paste and set aside
- Just before removing oranges from the oven lightly toast your sour dough, spread the toast with the ricotta mixture and layer with the caramelised oranges
- Drizzle with any leftover juices from the oranges and serve with some honey