Caramel Popcorn Bonbonniere in William Morris Jars
Planning a Wedding or garden party? Our William Morris jars are perfect for creating bonbonnieres and small take home gifts for your guests. Try making our Caramel popcorn and styling it beautifully for a simple, yet memorable memento.
- ½ cup popping corn
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 125g soft butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Line tray with baking paper. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cover tray with popping corn and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Continue to shake gently as corn starts popping. Remove from heat once corn stops popping, and place into a large bowl.
1. Combine butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
2. Bring mixture to the boil, and let it simmer uncovered for another 5 minutes until it’s a light golden colour.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a minute. Pour caramel sauce over popcorn and gently mix until popcorn is coated.
4. Spread mixture over prepared tray and set aside to cool. You can now break into pieces, and place into your William Morris Jars.
Decorate your jars with ribbon, or a thank you tag to personalise the bonbonnieres, friends and family will love it!