Baked Whole Snapper on our Ponto Platter
Enjoy a dinner for two with this fresh tasting dish on our Ponto Platter. With only a few ingredients, your snapper will be packed full of flavor and enjoyed best with a nice glass of dry Riesling.
- 1 whole snapper, cleaned
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 bunch of fresh thyme sprigs
- Salt & pepper, a few pinches
- 1 whole garlic crushed
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper and brush or spray base with olive oil.
2. Cut garlic bulb in half and drizzle with olive oil. Cover loosely with foil to prevent burning, bake for 15 minutes before placing fish in oven.
3. Wipe fish with damp cloth, inside and out, to clear scales or blood and pat dry.
4. Where fish is thickest, cut 2-3 diagonal slashes on both sides then season, inside and out, with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Add lemon slice and thyme sprigs to cavities.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on fish size.
6. Check the thickest part of fish is cooked – it should flake easily from the bone but still be moist. If required, bake 5-10 minutes longer.
7. Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil. Rest for at least 5 minutes before transferring to large Ponto Platter. Garnish with thyme sprigs and lemon slices.