Real lime mojito
Servings: 1Preparation: 10 mins
A very refreshing drink for hot summer days. You can scale the recipe up easily if you want more than one
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 45ml white rum
- 125ml soda water
- Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a glass.
- Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice.
- Pour the rum over the ice and fill the glass with soda water.
- Garnish with the remaining lime wedge.
For those who prefer a sweeter drink, add sugar to taste.